Gluten-Free Black Bean & Avocado Quesadillas
Gluten-Free Black Bean & Avocado Quesadillas are a vegetarian dish but if you like, feel free to add some shredded cooked chicken breast meat. It’s one of the things I love about quesadillas–they can be freely changed up to suit your tastes.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Gluten-Free tortillas
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked and well-drained seasoned black beans
- 2 tsp low sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato salsa and sour cream, (or yoghurt), for serving
- Add the Olive oil to a large non-stick skillet on medium-low heat.
- Place one tortilla into the heated skillet.
- Spread the black beans over the tortilla, add the avocado slices, sprinkle over the taco seasoning and top evenly with the shredded cheese.
- Top with the second tortilla and using a spatula press down gently to seal; creating the quesadilla.
- Fry for 3-5 minutes, or until the underside of the quesadilla has browned.
- Flip the quesadilla, and cook for 3-5 minutes longer until nicely browned on the underside.
- Slide the quesadilla out of the skillet onto a cutting board and rest for a few minutes to cool.
- Slice quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- Plate 2 wedges per serving with the salsa and sour cream on the side.