Stir-Fried Pork, Tofu & Egg With Vegetables
Stir-Fried Pork, Tofu & Egg With Vegetables is another great option for a quick dinner that can be made in minutes. Asian style stir-fried meals are always a terrific choice when your time is short and you need to satisfy a hungry family in a hurry and this one is no different. Nutritious, delicious, fast and easy—what more do you want?
Makes 4 Servings
- 250 g firm tofu drained and cut into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (use Gluten-Free Soy Sauce if preferred)
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g ground pork
- 1 carrot sliced into coins
- 100 g fresh Shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 each of sweet green and orange peppers sliced into strips
- 6 spring onions chopped
- Prepare tofu and set aside.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mix together the egg, soy sauce, Mirin and sugar to create a cooking sauce.
- Prepare garlic, ginger and vegetables as noted above.
- In a wok or large frying pan, add the oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the ground pork breaking it up with a wooden spoon and cook through.
- Fold in the carrots, mushrooms, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in the sweet peppers and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu then gently stir in the cooking sauce.
- Continue cooking for about 2 minutes, toss in the green onion and then transfer to a serving bowl.
Serve alongside Japanese white or brown rice, and condiments such as soy sauce, and/or your favourite hot sauce if you want to kick it up a notch.
Japanese rice is easily and perfectly prepared in a rice cooker